Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Assessment Day

Haha, come back to the story again. After the interview. I had to wait the email whether I have passed the interview or not. On 18 Feb 2009, I had received Email from Michelle lee, the Email write that:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

You have passed the first round of interview and you are one step closer to becoming an AIESEC TUC Member.

The next step would be to attend ASSESSMENT DAY.

Please note that it is compulsory to attend Assessment Day as this will be your last chance to prove to us why we should select you to as a member of AIESEC TUC. To those who cannot make it, the chances of you becoming a member will be lesser than those who attended the event.

Friends, do you think I will attend. The answer is, of cause Yes lah. The oppurnity is given to me, why I still think so much. Cancel all the entertainment plan and go for assessment day. :)

21 feb 2009  I was attend assessment day at Taylor's Main Campus MPH.I had see one stranger come out on the stage given us a talk. (She is AIESEcer also) Firstly we have a test, call team player. Test you whether you are a great team player, good team player and bad team player.  After the test done, my result was I am a good team player, but I still satify with it. :) -end of first part session-

What we do in the next round was build a tower, we had to manage to get which group we are. I was under peggy and catherine group again. (Happy) I will post a picture and to let u all know who is my group members. I think had 10 people in each group. We had to choose who become builder, merchant and warrior. what was builder do is build the tower, warrior is protect the tower, and merchant is bought the stuffs and trade stuffs to make money. During building the tower, I had learn what is teamwork, listen and accept people ideas and also creative to make a tower. Kenny is a engenerring student, he the one who build the founded of the tower. What I do was listen my group members ideas and follow what they ask me to do. :(  Can see I am a quiet, no ideas, and no creative person during the build tower session. :( -end of second part session-

Next part is we given us 10 roles, profile of the person, and the story was about "you have just received the information that meteorite is going to hit the earth in a week time. there is only one shelter that can save the humankind but only 4 people can fit into it. the time the group will have to spend in the shelter is 4 weeks. you have just met, not knowing each other; you come from different social and culturla backgrounds". After we chose which role we want, then we have to argue with group members and which 4 role should survice. Michelle told me that, there is not answer for it, just based on how we argue and defend ourselve. This was the role I had chose maid, 20 years old, living in poor family and is a single mother and bla bla~~~~Tell you all my experience was I don't know how to defend and argue my role.  I have no ideas to  argue my role and is very difficult to argue my role.  
 

Last part for my assesment day is about pbox discussion, discussed about world issues, and we have to plan a project and get interns to execute the plan. I can say is my group member really come out alot of ideas, especially Ibrahim. I don't know why his brain was thinking and why he can come out alot of ideas??? I was very very quiet in this session. but at last I had just come out what are the benefits to get interns coming. 

What I want to say about this assessment day are, I really had learned alot of things during every sessions. My weakness is I don't dare to spoke out my ideas, I had lack of confident, I scared people are look down on my skills and my communication,but don't know why I still don't want to change myself. 



 


No comments: